Sunday 6 December 2009

Untitled project

Apologies for my lack of updates of late. I've been consumed by my latest personal project. I've been increasingly irked by people's small mindedness. I am attempting to encourage all you talented creatives to use your skills to help those who need it, the people who have things to say but no voice to say it with. The image is a powerful tool and I think we have a responsibility to help. Anyway, since moving to Hulme, I have been delighted by the community spirit. The local boozer is off the hook. It doesn't matter who you are, what you look like or which way you swing, everybody just gets on. So I have been creating a series of portraits and hand drawn bios. The focus should be on their achievements but the emphasis will be a tongue in cheek reflection on the way small minded people dwell on people's race, sexuality, social standing etc... Tomorrow I am going to head into the city and commission a Big Issue seller to be photographed, tell me their story and feature in the 4th of the series. Watch out on my website they'll soon be up.

No comments:

Post a Comment